Our climate controlled units come in 2 different sizes to accommodate most situations.
- Our 8 foot x 12 foot unit can hold up to 1200 sq ft of contents from your home or office.
- Our 8 foot x 16 foot unit can hold up to 1500 sq ft of contents from your home or office.
American Portable Mini Storage™ is pleased to be the FIRST Portable Storage Company in the country to offer a individual climate controlled mini storage unit. You can now have a storage container in your yard or driveway that is fully climate controlled. If you don’t want to keep the unit at your property American Portable Mini Storage™ would be glad to pick your unit up and take it to one of our convenient storage facilities.
The Individual Climate Controlled Mini Storage Unit
For starters, the thermostat control head is located on the outside of the storage box. This allows you or us to control the temperature and or the humidity inside the storage unit, without going into the storage unit. Not pods™, zoobox™, nor any other competitor has accomplished this, as of the date this is posted.
- The storage unit will plug into any regular outlet.
- The storage container will hold temperatures in the cooling mode from 70 degrees +/- to 90 degrees with an outside temperature of 90.
- The unit will hold humidity levels to less than 70 percent in the cooling mode when the outside humidity is 90 percent.
- In the heating mode, the portable mini storage container will hold temperatures to greater than 65 degrees when the outside temperature is 35 degrees.
- The portable mini storage unit is wood framed and wood sided then steel panels are installed on the outside of that.
- The combination makes for a portable mini storage container that is strong and durable while eliminating sweating.
- The portable mini storage container is insulated all the way around to ensure optimal energy efficiency.
- The portable mini storage container has an easy to operate insulated steel door.
The Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education is clear about the effects of humidity and the results of mishandling and storing wood and other furniture and fabrics. Here is a little of what they have said about these issues.